Michael King is a marketing wizard, rapper, and Founder of iPullRank. Tweet your insights using the hashtag #goodbaddirty.
If you enjoyed this, please leave a review on iTunes!
About my guest: Michael King
The Founder of digital marketing agency, iPullRank, Mike has an extensive background in software, web development and a proclivity for creative solutions.
He’s lead teams covering content, social strategy, consumer insights and SEO for Enterprise brands such as SAP, HSBC, SanDisk and Wharton, and has spoken at sme of the most prestigious international marketing conferences including SMX Advanced, SearchLove NYC, LinkLove London and MozCon.
He’s worked with multi-national agencies such as Publicis Modem and Razorfish for brands like Ralph Lauren, Johnson & Johnson, LG and Citibank. He’s a frequent blogger for Inbound Marketing software company Moz, and is also a published author.
During the podcast, you will learn:
- Why a varied skillset can give you a creative approach to marketing
- One of the key tactics you can use to create persuasive content
- The weirdest thing Mike’s been handed to rap about whilst blindfolded on stage
- How you can use the NLP technique of anchoring to engage your audiences more deeply
- Why entertaining your audience can also help you educate them
- The crucial step that marketers miss out, that damages their chances of success
- How you can use Quora and Reddit to vet your ideas and craft popular content
- What digital body language is, and why it’s crucial you understand how to use it
- Implicit signals you can use online to identify your visitors
- The crucial difference between ‘users’ and ‘people’
- Some of the smartest ways you can use personalisation to increase your conversion rates
- What a browser fingerprint is and how it tracks your actions across websites
- How ethics fits into the conversation around big data
- Why multivariate testing would be weird if you did it in real life (think Groundhog Day)
- What dating, pick-up artistry and marketing have in common
- All about the insidious, self-spawning Evercookie
And much more!
Resources mentioned on the show:
Quantum Lead: ipullrank.com/quantum-lead
The Art of War – Sun Tzu
The 48 Laws Of Power – Robert Greene
Inbound Marketing and SEO: Insights from the Moz Blog - Rand Fishkin & Thomas Høgenhaven